Monthly Archives: April 2015
Lovers + Friends Legging (similar) //Stuart Weitzman Wedge Boots // Theory Sweater- old. (similar) // Chanel Bag // Cuyana Cape // Hermès Braclete // JCrew Earrings (similar) // YSL Nails- Taupe Retro
Location: Crosby Street Hotel
Photographer: My wonderful husband
Location: Belvedere Castle in Central Park
Photographer: My wonderful husband
Check in to our fabulous hotel: Crosby Street Hotel
- Review: Amazing! The service was second to none, the concierges were also very knowledgeable, a definite plus. The rooms are very spacious and there are lots of guest areas, including a garden, a terrace, a screening room and the Drawing Room. The Drawing Room provided coffee in the morning and a butler in the evening to pour drinks.
Lunch: The Crosby Bar
- Review: I had the smoked salmon, accompanied by multigrain toast, Dijon-mascarpone, and a dill-cucumber salad with a side of grilled vegetables with truffled ricotta. My husband had the lump crab meat with fresh squid ink spaghetti and saffron bomba. For drinks, I had the Sancerre Rosé and my husband had a Pinot Noir. The atmosphere of the restaurant was so fun, it was a great way to kick off our trip. We both enjoyed our meals and wine very much. My favorite part was dessert. After any meal, The Crosby serves mini ice cream cones varying in flavor.
2:00 reservation at the 9/11 Memorial
- Review: By far the best memorial/museum I have ever been to! We made a reservation in advance, which I would highly recommend. Bring your ear buds because you can download the 9/11 app. The app is great because you can go at your own pace.
Cocktails/view of water and Statue of Liberty: Pier A Harbor House
- Review: After the memorial we were ready for a pick me up. We walked the short half mile to Pier A. It was a perfect day so we got a drink, sat outside, and soaked up the fresh air with an amazing view of the Statue of Liberty. We did not eat here but the oysters and the pretzels looked amazing!
- The Reformation: Unlike myself, my husbands favorite thing to do is not shopping- horrors…I know! Reformation was great because they had a lounge-y atmosphere and sold pressed juice, perfect for bringing the husband! Now for the important stuff- The Reformation brand is amazing! I fell in love with pretty much everything I tried on. The down side was they were out of styles and sizes. Bad thing for me, good for them! What I did learn is that they have free shipping and their clothes run true to size.
- What Goes Around Comes Around: When I knew I was going to NYC, I immediately started researching the must go-to vintage shops. I read so many good reviews about WGACA that I had to check it out. I have yearned for a beige vintage Chanel bag but haven’t found the “one”. I worked with Erin, who was so helpful and patient. They had so many choices and they gave my husband a beer when we walked in- sold!
- Review: After reading great reviews and having a local friend suggest Cosme, we decided we had to go. One of my girlfriends and her husband met us for dinner. We let the men order while we caught up. Everything we had was delicious. My favorites were the guacamole, the lobster pibil with chorizo and black bean purée, and the raw kampachi. I was on a Rosé kick that weekend and enjoyed one too many of a fabulous sparking Rosé that they had on the menu.
Cronut!! Dominique Ansel Bakery
- Review: Yes, I waited in line for an hour and twenty minutes. I was second in line- go me! I was planning on getting there an hour early but I was so excited that I couldn’t sleep. As for the Cronut- life changing! The flavor of the week was Strawberry Rhubarb and I ate it in .2 seconds.
- Review: My husband had never been to Central Park so we wanted to go and walk around. If we had more time I would have loved to rent bikes. Belvedere Castle was a great way to get a bird’s-eye view of the park, otherwise I wouldn’t travel there just to see the Castle.
- Review: ABC Kitchen is a restaurant that also encompasses home decor, accessories, and clothing. Prior to eating at the Kitchen we shopped around. I could have spent hours looking at the design inspiration and accessories. I did end up buying a coral necklace from the Himalayas that symbolizes eternal love, positive energy, joy, and good health. My husband and I both agreed that our favorite meal was at ABC Kitchen. The food is all farm to table and the atmosphere is only good vibes. I had the veggie burger and my husband had the prix fixe, he choose the kale salad, raviolo (one big ravioli), and we split the salted caramel ice cream sundae. Our plan was to go to Eataly after but we were so full we decided to walk and shop.
Noteworthy Shop: Bandier
- Review: I love yoga and I love activewear. I have been following Bandier’s instagram for some time so this was a must stop. Good news- their online store will be up this month. Bandier can do no wrong!
New York Pizza: Lombardi’s
- Review: Lombardi’s was licensed by the City of New York, becoming America’s First Pizzeria. We had a pepperoni pizza and I had the sangria. It was an authentic experience and we got our pizza fix.
- Review: We wanted to get a quick drink before the play so we did the tourist thing and went to the Renaissance Hotel and had drinks at R Lounge. R Lounge overlooks Time Square and it was a block away from our show, Fish in the Dark. Larry David, who co-created Seinfeld is directing and acting in this comedic play that focuses on 15 characters as they deal with a death in the family. The play was the highlight of our trip. ***Please note: This show is only showing for six weeks and Larry David will play his last performance on June 7, 2015. Jason Alexander will begin performances on June 9.
Breakfast: Jacks wife Freda
- Review: I loved this place! It was so cozy and so tasty. It was a great way to leave the city. My husband and I split the rosewater waffle and the grapefruit and yogurt.
Our NYC trip ended there. We did continue down the island to visit family and wineries. Here is a list of the places we enjoyed on the North Fork-
- The Village Cheese Shop
- Love Lane Sweet Shop
- Dinner: Porto Bello **Lobster Risotto= To die for!
- Sandwiches for the wineries: Ammiratis of Love Lane
- Wineries + Breweries: Kontokosta Winery, Sparkling Pointe, Croteaux Vineyards, and Greenport Harbor Brewing Co