Round two…If you missed my first meal planning post you can check it out here.
Here is this weeks lineup:
- Sunday: Baked Salmon Meatballs with Creamy Avocado Sauce. As a side we made rice pilaf. Have your grocery store remove the skin from the salmon. We made our meatballs a little on the larger side. I think these would make amazing salmon burgers. Feel free to add buns. Let me know if you do!
- Monday: Pistachio Lime Baked Salmon. We had a repeat side of rice pilaf. We only buy two..Two fillets for two people. We still use the same amount of ingredients. Also, every oven is different but we cook the salmon for 18-20 minutes or until the pistachios start to brown.
- Thursday: Grilled Flatbread with Peaches and Arugula Pesto. The recipe gives you instructions on how to make your own pesto. We used a store-bought basil pesto from Whole Foods and it was delicious. I’m sure this recipe would taste amazing on the grill but we are in a high-rise so we opted to use the stove. If baking, preheat to 400 degrees. Then heat up a griddle on the stove top, place the naan on the griddle, and then place a pan on top of the naan. Do this until the bottom is crispy, the crisper the better. Meanwhile, slice the peaches. When the naan is crispy, remove from griddle, and place on a paper towel. Then broil the peaches for five minutes per side (we did this in our toaster over). While peaches are broiling, cube the mozzarella. Then spread the pesto on to the naan. Once the peaches are done, you will be ready to build your flatbread. Put the pesto, the peaches, and the mozzarella on the flatbread. Bake until the mozzarella is melted and the oil in the pesto is sizzling. Remove from oven, add arugula, and balsamic glaze.
Side Note: My husband is a wonderful cook, so where you see italics is how he improved the meal.
By clicking on the Read More tab you will find a list of the ingredients for these meals.
- 1 package naan flatbread, garlic or plain flavor
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup arugula pesto, recipe here **We used store-bought
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced and quartered into chunks
- 1 cup fresh arugula leaves
- Balsamic glaze, if desired
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each) **We only buy two..Two fillets for two people
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 T. lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. skinless salmon, cut into chunks
- ½ medium onion, grated
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp whole wheat panko breadcrumbs (see note)
- 3 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 egg white
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground oregano
- ¾ California avocado, skin & seed removed
- 3 tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- ¼ – ½ tsp chipotle chile powder (see note)
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
rice pilaf (2)