Food post number 3! If you missed the other two you can find them here. This weeks menu is a short one due to traveling.
- Sunday: Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Quinoa and Pine Nuts. I loved these, my husband woke up starving the next morning but he also didn’t have dessert which is customary in our home. My husband, Chris did not alter this recipe.
- Monday: Salmon and Summer Veggies in Foil. Make sure you have your grocer remove the skin off of the salmon. We chopped the veggies on Sunday night to make the prep process quick.
Side Note: My husband is a wonderful cook, so where you see italics is how he improved the meal.
By clicking on the Read More tab you will find a list of the ingredients for these meals.
- 5 average sized zucchini squash, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup dried quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- Salt and pepper
- 4 (5 – 6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 small zucchini (13 oz) sliced into half moons
- 2 small yellow squash (13 oz) sliced into half moons
- 2 shallots, 1 thinly sliced and 1 chopped (there are usually two in a whole shallot)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram